Monday, August 6, 2007

what do you carry ?

i carry with me

i carry with me a broken blue wallet
i carry with me chicken pox scars on my eyelid and a pink dot on my lip
i carry with me old receipts that i am too lazy to throw out
i carry memories of late night talks and boat rides at the cottage
i carry my mother's hair colour and my father's laugh

i carry a cell phone with hundreds of names of people i've met
i carry with me most, but not all, of my heart
i carry with me three sisters and time spent laughing at movie lines
i carry a ring from thailand
i carry all the houses i've ever lived in, and the place i call home

i carry hope and fear and confusion and joy
i carry my mother's compassion and my father's generosity
i carry broken dreams and endings
i carry the true and the questions


what do you carry ?

No comments: